Automatically close associated issues, when release(fixversion) is released?

Raju Adluru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

Can we auto close ( change status to closed) all tickets in a release, when that release is marked as released.

can we do this with any plugin or post function.

Thanks for your help.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

Automation for Jira can do this for you. Go to the URL below and see "Auto Close when version is released". I just created it quickly but you can see the options available.

https://docs.automationforjira.com/rule-playground/#/

Raju Adluru
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2019

Edwin

Thanks for your reply, I don't see action item for version released, so I am not able to select that action, In the link above also, I don't see any rule for that particular action.

Thanks

1 vote
Raju Adluru
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2019

We have to use scheduled event and this JQL to find issues fixVersion in releasedVersions()  and close them.

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2019

Very nice! Glad you figured it out. 

Like Raju Adluru likes this
Stian Bentsen Sveen January 13, 2020

Thanks for this solution. I found this while trying to figure out of how resolve all unresolved tickets in a version. In my case, all tickets in the release ends up in "Ready for release" as the final version and our devs in this project wanted it so that they were automatically resolved when pressing "Release".

You can actually use trigger "When: Version released" if you like, instead of having a scheduled event running so so often. That makes the update instant after releasing and you dont need a job running at set intervals.

As you can see I used your JQL and tweaked it fit my case and it works great.

Automation.PNG

For some reason, the "Bypass workflow conditions and permissions" checkbox doesnt work (unless I misunderstand its function), so I had to change the workflow as well to allow all statuses to transition to "Done".

Hope that helps.

Br,

Stian

0 votes
Suresh Bhandiwad March 26, 2020

Hi Team,

Can anyone help with the script using script runner for Jira server plugin to achive the same functionality using custom listener?

Thanks in advance!

nikhil pavan August 25, 2020

@A @Nic Brough (Adaptavist) 

Can you guys help with this?

Suggest an answer