Automatically assigning to user based on prior transitions -- using onDemand

Kevin Mancusi November 6, 2014

Hello, I see there are tons of other questions regarding automatic assigning, but none–so far–have come up with the answer I am looking for:

Here's what I'm trying to do:

1. A bug report is written up by a tester, let's call him 'Al' and he assigns it to the project lead
  2. The project lead assigns this bug to a programmer to fix, let's call the programmer 'Bill'
  3. Bill fixes the bug and it is automatically assigned back to Al (using the post function "assign issue to reporter")
  4. Al discovers this is still a bug and wants to reopen the issue, sending it directly back to Bill–without having to select Bill's name from a list of users

How would I go about this?  I see I have the options to assign to the developer, current user, or reporter.  I would like to refrain from using the "update issue field > assignee" function so that i don't have to type in the programmer's name again since there could be multiple programmers working on different bugs.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Richard Shandelman June 26, 2015

Did anyone ever figure this out as I have similar transitions I would like the assignee to automatically reassigned to the developer.

Suggest an answer