Automatically assign unassigned tasks when a user transitions the task

Brittany Woerner April 13, 2017

When a sub-task is unassigned in To Do and a user transitions it to In Progress, I would like the user to be automatically assigned to the sub-task. 

I only want this to happen for sut-tasks which are unassigned. 

Thank you, 

Brittany 

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user April 13, 2017

You can use Update on Transition plugin to achieve your requirement. You will need to add a post function from this plugin and mention the username which needs to be assigned to the subtask. 

There are many more features which you can explore.

Check out the plugin at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.jira.cw/server/overview

MEDITECH ADMIN TEAM November 7, 2017

I'm trying to accomplish the same thing using "CLI Actions". I have set Condition 1 to %original_assignee% with a nil value (Exact). What is the syntax for Action to set the assignee to the current user? Thanks!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2017

The best option is probably a post-function (maybe an  automation function too, although I'm not sure it can do this.  Or possibly a listener).  It will need to read the assignee, and if blank, set whichever user you need in there.

Suggest an answer