Automatically add label based on custom field

Frederick Bond
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2020

Currently we have the Tenable to Jira script importing all our tenable findings into Jira to open tasks and sub-tasks. 

I would like to take it a step further and add a label based off the custom-field that stores the IP address. 

Is there a way to store a lookup table that can be used to automate this action?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2020

Hi Frederick,

If I understand correctly, you want to be able to use automation in Jira Cloud to update an issue label based on another custom field that stores an IP address on the issue.  While I do not believe there is any mechanism for storing your own table of data to reference automation against, I'd like to try to learn more about your use case here to see if perhaps there is a better solution here.

Could you tell me more about what kind of values these labels would have?  And what kind of custom field are they looking up to determine which value is correct?

Is it possible that the field value that you want to lookup is matching the value of the label you want to give that issue?

My thought was that perhaps we could use some of the smart values - text fields operators to extract the data you want here.  However I think I need to know more about what values exactly you would like to see here in order to better understand if this is a viable solution or not.

Please let me know.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events