Automatically Closing Subtask(s) when Story is Completed/Closed

Jennifer Bursack April 29, 2015

As the Product Owner, I create Stories, and assign them to various developers. The developers will then create a set of subtasks from which they progress the feature. Once they have demo'd the feature and I am satisfied it has delivered the Definition of Done, I will CLOSE the Story, which also sets the Resolution to Closed. At that point, I want to automatically change the resolution of all the linked Subtasks to CLOSED. How can I achieve this? I've added the Closed resolution to Subtasks. There are some nice solutions for the on-prem version of JIRA - but I'm using JIRA Cloud (On-Demand). 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2015

You can't do it on Cloud - you need scripts or an addon to provide a post-function to do this, and you can't add one to Cloud.

Jennifer Bursack April 30, 2015

Thanks for such a quick response Nic. Is Atlassian planning to support scripts or addons to Cloud in future?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2015

I don't think they are, beyond the current list of supported addons. Although I suspect some more automated functions will be added via the automation plugins.

Suggest an answer