Automatic comment with previous assignee name

Javanshir Mustafayev _ HIT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2021

Hi, 

I have automation where I've set multiple approvers. When the approver hits 'approve' another automation adds a comment with the approver display name. 

What happens now is that the post function after the approver hits 'approve' also assigns the next approver and the automatic comment is placed wrongly with the newly assigned approver.

Is there a chance to have an automated comment with the previous assignee display name or to fix this issue between the post function assigning another assignee and the automated comment that is bound to the current assignee and commenting with the wrong user name?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

@Javanshir Mustafayev _ HIT 

Can you share your automation so I can recreate it?  Sounds like it could just be an order of operations thing.

Javanshir Mustafayev _ HIT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2021

@Brant Schroeder I've decided to purchase JMWE and worked this around with a JMWE post function to comment the issue on transition. Anyway thanks for your input.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events