Automatic assignment is failing to work as expected

Joeli McLauchlan November 19, 2020

I have a workflow where I want to set an automatic assignee. I want that based on region except where a component is already set in which case it should go to the component lead. I have a field for region and use a JSU post function to copy the selected region to the component field as an append. I have a component for the corresponding region and a component lead. I have a validator to ensure the region is selected and a default value.

When I create an issue with a component selected it goes to the component lead - fine

When I create an issue with NO component selected it copies the text, shows the region component, but assigns to the project lead, not the region component lead.

If I add a separate post function to assign to the project/component lead just after the create originally step it correctly assigns the issue to the region component lead BUT if I add a specific component where it should assign to that component lead it now seems to ignore that and assign only to the region component lead.

I've tested this is another workflow on a separate instance and it works correctly, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing this behaviour.

For clarity, if no component is selected I want the issue assigned to the region component lead, if a component IS selected I want it to go to THAT component's lead.

Any thoughts welcome.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events