Automatic Transition (using XML) after Transition with Comment ends up with duplicate comments

So using <... auto="True"> in one of my transitions (as documented in What is your most valuable Jira "trick"), I am conditionally (based on SOX field) firing an Auto-Approve transition after users manually do a Verify transition.

Unfortunately, when I add a Comment during the Verify transition, I end up with a duplicate of the initial comment added during Verify. Here's the portion of the workflow I'm working on:

image2015-9-16 20:19:26.png

I suspect that because Auto-Approve still has "Add a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition." post-function, it somehow thinks the Verify Comment is something it needs to add to the issue, and I end up with it there twice.

Any ideas? Thanks all!

1 answer

Ah, as is often the case after asking for help, I figured it out.

Since I'm hacking workflow XML anyways, why not try removing the "Add a comment" post-function there:

&lt;function type="class"&gt;
&lt;arg name="class.name"&gt;com.atlassian.jira.workflow.function.misc.CreateCommentFunction&lt;/arg&gt;
&lt;/function&gt;

Hey, that worked. Nice.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,409 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you