Automatic Ticket Creation based on the mail subject " ISSUE/TASK" from outside user

jegadeeswaran.s October 9, 2019

Hi All, 

I want to configure automatic ticket creation based on the Email received from the Outside Users of JIRA with a subject line "ISSUE / TASK / UPDATE / CHANGE REQUEST".

For Example,

My Group Email ID: abc@outlook.com

Whenever outside users sending emails with the subject line of "ISSUE / TASK / UPDATE / CHANGE REQUEST", New ticket should be created in JIRA Cloud.

Assignee: abc@outlook.com

Reporter: outside user / Admin@outlook.com

Thanks,
Jegadees S

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

There are plugins that help to do that kind of things easily, I have tried for instance "Email This Issue (JETI)"

If you can't use one of that plugins, I would use the email client filters to send different treated emails to different folders and then i would create a mail handler for every folder.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nisha Hajamohideen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

Hello Jegadees,

Did you run through the steps in the Atlassian documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-779288896.html

Thanks

Suggest an answer