Automated clone rule - cloning parent and sub-tasks to another project

Annemarie Mare April 26, 2022

I am working on setting up automation rules to clone our current month end flow to the next month once a task status has been changed to complete. I have attached the screenshot of my current flow but keep receiving a "some errors" message with is not very useful. Can you please assist or make suggestion on how I can correct my flow?Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 11.53.27.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-26 at 11.53.03.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-26 at 11.52.52.png

3 answers

0 votes

O sorry! Yeah sure! Here it is!Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 12.45.26.png

It seems to create the parent but not the sub-task when the sub-task is marked as done. When the parent is marked as done, the log shows no actioned performed.

0 votes

Sure - here you go! I've tried multiple difference things so had a number of configuration changes that went through.

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 12.37.38.png

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

Can you please click "Show more" on one of the failures and share what is shown there?

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

Hi @Annemarie Mare and welcome to the community!

Can you please expand the audit log and either copy/paste or share a screenshot of the error in the log?

Sure - here you go! I've tried multiple difference things so had a number of configuration changes that went through.

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2022

Replying to this thread - From the logs, it looks like a couple things are happening:

1. It can't find the Description field.  I've seen this happen when you have duplicate field names.  It appears that someone created a custom field called Description.  That will cause some of the headaches you're seeing.
  2. It looks like this is spanning multiple projects, but the rule is project specific for TX4.  In the rule details, you'll want to change the project scope to either multiple projects or global.

Hi Mark! Thanks for the quick response!

1. The Description field is the standard field in the issue but I will try to remove it and see what happens. 

2. I included below a screenshot of the rule details, I don't believe I have the option to change it to multiple projects or scope?Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 13.24.29.png

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2022

You need to be the Jira Admin or have a Jira Admin change the scope for you.  This is managed in the system settings here:

YOURINSTANCE.atlassian.net/jira/settings/automation#/rule-list

Hi Mark! Thanks - will reach out to our Admin. 

In the meantime - I managed to make some progress. My problem now remains with creating the sub-task. Per the attached error - it seems to struggle to identify the previous issue created (the parent). Is there a way to adjust for this?Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 14.30.11.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-26 at 14.31.57.png

Suggest an answer