Automate the creation of issue in a federated JIRA from the creation of issue in the other JIRA

Steven Kahrs March 2, 2018

If I have two instances of JIRA that are federated can I automate the creation of an issue in the second instance when an issue with certain characteristics (data values) is created in the first instance, using data from the issue in the first instance to populate data in the issue in the second instance?  Also, can I automate the update of the issue in the second instance when the issue it is based on is updated in the first instance?  I am guessing one approach would be to have the first instance generate an email sent to the second instance and to create a ticket from the email.  But I am wondering if there is a plug in out there that does this more directly or if there is another approach we can take,  Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Kearney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2018

I have done this before for a client. Exalate is probably the easiest option. It might involve a little scripting but they have excellent documentation to assist with various scenarios, and their creator is excellent at responding to people who need help.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.exalate.jiranode/overview

Suggest an answer