Automate issue type based on reporter via request-channel-type = email

Danny Archibald
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 4, 2016

In Service Desk:

I would like to automate tickets generated via email by certain users to be a certain issue type other than the standard user issue type.

For instance, automatic tickets emailed in by servers with a system email address when something is wrong would be an "Internal" Issue Type.  

The automation options in Service desk right now don't have that option.  You can set it for Request Type, but not Issue Type.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Danny Archibald
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 4, 2016

Thanks Jack.  I'll see if that will work, but like you said, it might not quite fit into the setup we have.  I'll post again w/ results.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2016

Danny,

You are correct that you cannot edit the issue type but can edit the request type using built in Automation. You could do this thru Scriptrunner addon.

However, why not simply have the "Internal" issue type mapped to an "Internal" request type that is associated w/ the system email you mentioned. Then hide the "Internal" request type from the portal? Any request coming in thru the dedicated email channel will come in as "Internal".

I suspect I may be missing some subtleties that would make my suggestion invalid.

Suggest an answer