Auto update summary field

kottamusha17
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 23, 2020

Hi Team,

I am looking to do below tings in JIRA

1. I need to hide summary field in create screen

2. once ticket has been created the summary should be project name + Fix version

ex: project name +Fixversion = summary.

4 answers

0 votes
Pavel Adamovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2020

@kottamusha17 

just one more option - you can use Jira automation to override summary field.

And yes, you still have to fill in a summary field on ticket creation.

123.png

0 votes
kottamusha17
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 23, 2020

Thanks for you respond team,

Can you help me how to update summary field with scrinp runner?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2020

Please don't.  Your humans will be annoyed by you destroying their perfectly valid inputs.

Technical answer: in a post-function script, use issue.setSummary and see library.adaptavist.com for lots of examples of similar updates

0 votes
simarpreet singh June 23, 2020

Hi @kottamusha17 

You can't hide summary for sure. But yea, once the issue is created the summary can be overridden with project name+ version with the help of a workflow Post function.

So, in conclusion: You HAVE to fill a summary even just a dot. But we can override it to only show your requested fields.

Thanks,

Simar

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2020

No, you don't.  You should let the humans enter the summary, it's for a human summary of the issue.

You can't hide it from the create screen, as it is required. 

Suggest an answer