Hi Team,

I want to create a Auto update Custom field where in the function is 

If custom field "Actual End date" is less then today then custom field EV = 1

3 answers

0 votes
Nikki Zavadska [Appfire]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

Hi @Bhushan Kanekar ,

I think you should be able to achieve this with the Automation for Jira that is available on Jira Cloud by default.

Here is an example of automation setup you could do:

Setup the automation trigger as "Scheduled". You can choose to run this daily, I think that should be enough in your case.

Screenshot 2021-07-22 at 10.47.48.png

Then add a issue condition to check that your date field you want to use (in your case Actual end date) is before the time of execution.

Screenshot 2021-07-22 at 10.49.27.png

And then as an action choose "Edit the field" and edit your EV field to value 1. If EV is the custom field you might just need to use an advanced option to edit the field and use the following JSON:

{
"fields": 
    {
    "EV": 1
    }
}

Screenshot 2021-07-22 at 10.52.44.png

With this automation, the EV field will get updated on daily basis. Every time your Actual due date is before the current date the EV value is set as 1.

I hope this helps!

Nikki 

0 votes
Josh July 6, 2021

Hi, why not install an app that does the entire Earned Value Management calculations instead? Please try this one: Aneto Project Accounting System with Earned Value Management 

Josh

Aneto

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2019

Hello,

You would need an app for it. There are multiple apps available, for example, Power Custom Fields Premium and ScriptRunner.

If you want to use the Power Custom Fields Premium app, then you could create a custom field with a code like this:

if (#{Actual End Data} < currentDate()) {

return 1;

}

else {

return 0;

}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events