Auto transitioning in JIRA

Ryan Grimard September 27, 2011

If our Development or QA team enters an issue, it goes to a "In Triage" state. If our Support team enters an issue, I want it to automatically go to a "In Investigation" state where another team can handle it. I've seen various plugins and Jelly scripts that can handle this. It seems to me it would be easier to just write a sql job to move issues.

Taking any and all suggestions.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2011

No. Do NOT try it with SQL - if you need to amend a Jira database with SQL, then you absolutely must have it offline, and for most changes, re-index when it's back up again. I assume is going to be undesirable.

A Jelly script can do this by filtering for "issues in the status of open and reporter is in group X", and then pushing issues it finds though a transition to "in investigation". The weakness of this is that it will be run on a timed loop, so if a tester adds the issue, it could be a minute before it moves into the right status.

A listener is your best bet, if you can't live with the Jelly delay, but you'll need to find or write one.

Suggest an answer