Auto status update using Automation in JIRA after X days

Eshwar Chand Ranga May 23, 2021

Hi All, 

Request your help in JIRA automation with the below scenario. 

- I have a scenario where the status should be automatically changed after 10 days from Resolved to Done.

- When the user changes the status to Resolved, then i am capturing the "Resolved Date" in custom field, now i want the status to be changed to Done after 10 days from the Resolved Date, which means 

If the Resolved Date is 10th May 2021 

Then after completion of 10 days, i.e., on 20th May 2021 automatically the status should be changed to Done for that ticket.

This way it should validate all the tickets by checking the Resolved date and change the status accordingly.

I tried with Automation option using Schedule query and other If else conditions but could not get the exact options or query building in Automation. Appreciate your help if someone can guide me with the Automation exact scripts

Thank you
Eshwar Ranga 

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

Hi @Eshwar Chand Ranga 

For an automation question like this, please consider posting both an image of your rule and an image of the audit log from the execution attempt.  That will provide context for the community to offer you suggestions.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2021

Hi @Eshwar Chand Ranga ,

So this would be pretty similar to this - https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/auto-close-jira-issues

You simply use resolved instead of updated date, change -5d to -10d and of course status (Resolved instead of Waiting for customer)

Suggest an answer