Auto populate custom field from CSV which is updated daily

Radhika Rajendran May 7, 2024

How to Auto populate a custom field from a CSV which is updated daily.

How to create dependent fields like based on the ID typed in Jira, it must fetch the values from CSV.

2 answers

1 vote
Thomas Opiolka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2024

Hi @Radhika Rajendran

You might want to consider the app External Data for Jira Fields, which allows you to use CSV files as a data source. You can manually re-upload the file as needed or automate the process via a REST API.

For fetching specific values into custom fields, the app offers configurations such as dependent fields, among others depending on your use case.

I hope this helps.

Please remember, the marketplace offers additional options that might suit your needs, which you can find through a search. I should mention that I am collaborating with the vendor of the app I recommended.

Best regards,
Thomas

1 vote
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2024

Hi @Radhika Rajendran  If I am not wrong you are trying to create a select list custom field which get option/values from CSV or external data source, right ? 

With the help of plugin only you can create such custom field, Element Connect plugin works for you, I think not sure. As Element Connect DC version support CSV file as Data Source but you are on cloud you can use REST API or put data in any supported database (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Azure SQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle) to get data and show as field option.

https://doc.elements-apps.com/elements-connect-cloud/global-level-administration/datasource-configuration

https://doc.elements-apps.com/elements-connect/6.4/administration-guide/configuration/datasources-configuration/configure-a-file-datasource

Thanks,

V.Y

Radhika Rajendran May 15, 2024

Hi Vikrant ,

Thanks. I have concerns about data security. We deal with sensitive data which we cannot share with external apps. Do Elements Connect have access/store the data anywhere outside our organization? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events