Auto-generate summary from single select field and textfield

Benjamin Kramer January 25, 2015

How can I let the summary field auto-generated from a single select field and a single line textfield?

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
DavidF September 26, 2016

Use the behaviours from the scriptrunner addon: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.1/jira/behaviours-overview.html

In Combination with a postfunction for the create Transition you Can auto-generate the summary.

0 votes

can you give me an example of the script for that?

thanks

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2015

Write a post-function to do it.  But you'll still have to present the field to your users to fill in on issue create.

Your other option is to bodge some javascript into the 4 or 5 places where you're asked for a summary in an issue.  You'll still need the summary on-screen, but you can hide it in the html.

present the field is ok and how do I create the post-function to fill the data to the summery?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2015

You could write it as an addon, but I'd use the script-runner plugin - saves you the hassle of coding a whole addon.

Suggest an answer