Auto assigning of dates to the Sub tasks using the main task (Issue Type) in JIRA

Hi,

could you please any one help me out in assigning the dead line dates to the sub tasks based on the parent issue type. 

for example, if the BUG issue type due date is 12/31/2015. if there are 4 sub tasks for that issue type  then i want the due dates to be assigned to the sub tasks like, for example,

sub task one 12/24/2015

sub task two 12/26/2015

sub task three 12/28/2015

sub task four 12/30/2015.

Thank you

surender

2 answers

Hi surender,

One way to do this is using script runner for JIRA plugin. If you are familiar with groovy language then you can write a very simple script that will do this for you ad hoc by just executing the script using the script console or every time a transition in the workflow is happening or though a listener that will execute the script when an event takes place, you can have a look at the documentation. If you decide to try this approach then you can get further assistance here.

Kind regards

Thanos

I understand Adaptavist users suggesting their own product. Scriptrunner is a great plugin, totally worth the money. I'd recommend it for pretty much any setup.

In this particular case, even if you already have scriptrunner, there's an easier alternative: you could use the Quick Subtasks plugin. For free.

It does exactly what you require with the subtasks by having them inherit the due date of the parent issue, +- a certain amount of days.

You can maintain templates for all issue types that tend to have the same subtasks.

https://bitbucket.org/hascode/jira-quick-subtasks/wiki/Home#markdown-header-due-date

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,338 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot