Auto assigning of dates to the Sub tasks using the main task (Issue Type) in JIRA

surender kallam December 22, 2015

Hi,

could you please any one help me out in assigning the dead line dates to the sub tasks based on the parent issue type. 

for example, if the BUG issue type due date is 12/31/2015. if there are 4 sub tasks for that issue type  then i want the due dates to be assigned to the sub tasks like, for example,

sub task one 12/24/2015

sub task two 12/26/2015

sub task three 12/28/2015

sub task four 12/30/2015.

Thank you

surender

2 answers

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2015

I understand Adaptavist users suggesting their own product. Scriptrunner is a great plugin, totally worth the money. I'd recommend it for pretty much any setup.

In this particular case, even if you already have scriptrunner, there's an easier alternative: you could use the Quick Subtasks plugin. For free.

It does exactly what you require with the subtasks by having them inherit the due date of the parent issue, +- a certain amount of days.

You can maintain templates for all issue types that tend to have the same subtasks.

https://bitbucket.org/hascode/jira-quick-subtasks/wiki/Home#markdown-header-due-date

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2015

Hi surender,

One way to do this is using script runner for JIRA plugin. If you are familiar with groovy language then you can write a very simple script that will do this for you ad hoc by just executing the script using the script console or every time a transition in the workflow is happening or though a listener that will execute the script when an event takes place, you can have a look at the documentation. If you decide to try this approach then you can get further assistance here.

Kind regards

Thanos

Suggest an answer