Auto Completion of parent task and their sub task

Eswar November 25, 2019

We have JIRA Project along with board
Workflow is

In progress --> Approved --> Complete

I would like to configure as below

On JIRA board

- Once all sub-tasks moved  to approved (status) automatically move all sub-tasks and Parent  to complete(Status).

Is it possible or not? and any suggestion to achieve this requirement. 

Pleas Help me ( JIRA Datacenter )

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravya Mutyala {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2019

Hi @Eswar ,

I understood that when all subtasks are moved to Completed(done) status you want the parent status to get updated as Completed(done).

If that is your scenario you can achieve this with the help of Automation for Jira app you will be able to configure your requirement and please find below sample rule for your reference.

2019-11-26_13-26-38.png
Hope the information helps.

--Ravya

Eswar November 26, 2019

Hi @Ravya Mutyala {Appfire} ,

When all sub tasks are moved to Approved status then automatically all are moved to Complete Status ( both parent and sub-tasks) 

Ravya Mutyala {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

Hi @Eswar ,

You may try the below sample for your requirements. Please change In progress to Approved and Done to Completed Status in your requirement.

2019-11-28_20-28-49.png

Hope this helps!

--Ravya

Eswar November 29, 2019

Thank you Very Much Ravya for your help.

I have done slight modification in rule to achieve my requirement. 

Suggest an answer