Attachment size changes during cvs import in Jira

sanan sanan November 14, 2018

Hi

we are facing a very weird issue when we try to import issues from one Jira instance to another Jira instance (7.4.0 to 7.3.8).

Everything goes fine and all the issues are imported perfectly with all the fields populated as expected. 

But the attachments are not created with correct size. After the import the attachment thumnail shows, the name of the attachment also appears. But the size is different and as such the attachment cannot be opened. So for example in one issue there is .png file which is showing 18 kb on the source Jira server, after the import on the target server it shows as 34 kb. 

Has anyone ever faced such issue, and how did you resolve it. Any help will be appreciated. This is a bit urgent for us as we are in the middle of migration of a project.

Regards

sanan

1 answer

0 votes
Balavinayagamoorthi January 7, 2019

Hi Sanan,

I am not sure in which option ( internal or external URL) you tried to import attachment via CSV. unfortunately both will not work.

But you will get files attached with the same name( with extension) of the file.

That files will not have thumbnails and will not be opened. If you open that file in Notepad, you will find the HTML code of your JIRA instance home screen)

So i suggest, Please try importing attachments JIRA with CURL commands. 

I followed below procedure to import 1000+ attachments.. it was working fantastic,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/bulk-import-attachments-to-jira-issues-via-rest-api-729750741.html

sanan sanan January 8, 2019

Hi Bala,

Thanks for the answer. 

Unfortunately, the problem was rooted in our proxy settings as while importing the target server was not able to access the url path mentioned in the .cvs file for the attachments. Once we fixed that the attachments were imported fine.

Regards

sanan

Like Balavinayagamoorthi likes this

Suggest an answer