Attachment file exceeds maximum size limit set by the administrator (10.00 MB).

Darya_Koyfman March 13, 2017

I need to attach file to the issue, but it exceeds max size limit. Can I, as an administrator, increase аcceptable file size?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2017

Yes, under admin -> attachments.  Be aware that JIRA is not a file store system, trying to make the files really large will fail on upload/download

Thanks Nic! I found it and it worked. I needed just a little increase. From 10mg to 10.8. Is it too much?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2017

I usually say 20 is fine, 50 is about the point at which I start pushing back on the users.

Thank you!

Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2017

Yeah there is plenty of better places to store data. It might also enable the user to compress what they are trying to upload for everyone's benefit. If you give them the easy way out they will not care and in some cases that is OK but for example a crash-dump from C can be compressed by factor 10. Not that this is a good example of what you should attach to a issue wink

Thanks Nic! My company (not IT but manufacturing) uses JIRA for engineering processes. So, we need to attach some documentation. Usually it's not very large, but I will keep an eye on this is a future.

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2017

Yes please see https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-file-attachments-802593126.html

You can select your version for applicable instructions on that page.

Suggest an answer