Attachment Backup Methodology

dg.cho January 20, 2020

Hi. I have a problem.

I am trying to back-up & restore R4J Issues on JIRA system. What I want is that all contents including Image in Issues can be exported & Imported using R4J Excel template. Because Image also is a type of Attachment, it have to be export & Import based on filename.

However, there is one problem. On JIRA File system, attachments are stored as indexing not filename. I've Concluded that tracing the filename from a Index it is rather consumptive action.

So, I am Considering another Methods. One of them is "Download  Attachments" which is JIRA Add-on. I Guess it is possible to back up & restore using that add-on based filename.  I am wondering whether I can get my aim If Separate back up & restoration on JIRA system is executed using  that add-on.

I seriously concerned about that. I would appreciate if you give me feedback or suggestions.

1 answer

0 votes
Angelica Salazar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2020

Hello @dg.cho

As R4J only uses issues created by the Jira system, you may perform the backup and restore process recommended by Jira. Before proceeding, first backup your current requirements project(s) structure using the R4J Excel add-in. This will allow you to restore your project tree structure anytime.

After backing up your R4J project tree structure you can go ahead with your Jira backup and restore. Here's some relevant documentation to guide you on this: 

Once you are able to restore your Jira data, continue restoring/updating your respective R4J project tree from the backup made with the Excel add-in.

If you have more questions or want to discuss this more thoroughly, you can open a ticket on our portal. We'll be happy to help!

Best regards,
Angelica

Suggest an answer