Atlassian tools monitoring best practice

Sam November 5, 2019

Hi,

I'm looking for some solution to monitor all Atlassian tools (server version on AWS).

Could you please share with me which tools you are using to be notified about tools problems.

Thank you

Sam

2 answers

1 vote
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2019

@Sam , Big question. I think you need to narrow it down a bit on what you are looking to monitor. Are you looking for something simple like "is my server up or down?" or complex like gauging user experience?

We use PRTG for server basics although I have used Nagios and Solarwinds in the past.

We also monitor Issue create times through log analysis with Splunk.

Static object like the number of custom fields, we use SQL and Tableau to build out dashboards.

There are a lot of tools available you need to approach it by asking what problem am I trying to solve?

-pjd

Sam November 6, 2019

As a start point, I was thinking about simple notification if service is available for users and they can log in to the application.
I will also check the tools you mentioned. Thanks for sharing.

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

@Sam , for something simple like that, find a free tool - there are several out there. Get you feet wet and once you have some experience you can look into a paid option.

0 votes
Merve Nur Bas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2019

Hi @Peter DeWitt

I want to get to know PRTG but as there are a lot of options what to monitor, I would like to monitor the necessary things in order to keep it mostly clean. What would you suggest?

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2019

I would start with the basics, CPU utilization, Memory Utilization, HDD free space.

Like Merve Nur Bas likes this
Merve Nur Bas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2019

Thanks for the recommendations! 

Suggest an answer