It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Atlassian tools monitoring best practice

Hi,

I'm looking for some solution to monitor all Atlassian tools (server version on AWS).

Could you please share with me which tools you are using to be notified about tools problems.

Thank you

Sam

2 answers

1 vote
Peter DeWitt Community Leader Nov 05, 2019

@Sam , Big question. I think you need to narrow it down a bit on what you are looking to monitor. Are you looking for something simple like "is my server up or down?" or complex like gauging user experience?

We use PRTG for server basics although I have used Nagios and Solarwinds in the past.

We also monitor Issue create times through log analysis with Splunk.

Static object like the number of custom fields, we use SQL and Tableau to build out dashboards.

There are a lot of tools available you need to approach it by asking what problem am I trying to solve?

-pjd

As a start point, I was thinking about simple notification if service is available for users and they can log in to the application.
I will also check the tools you mentioned. Thanks for sharing.

Peter DeWitt Community Leader Nov 06, 2019

@Sam , for something simple like that, find a free tool - there are several out there. Get you feet wet and once you have some experience you can look into a paid option.

Hi @Peter DeWitt

I want to get to know PRTG but as there are a lot of options what to monitor, I would like to monitor the necessary things in order to keep it mostly clean. What would you suggest?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

375 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you