Atlassian API to disable and enable the Site Access

Karthick Jothimani May 23, 2019

We are looking to manage the Atlassian Users via API, like Create, update, Enable site access, deactivate etc.. 

In that we are looking for specific one "Has Site Access". Does Atlassian provide any API to enable & disable site access?

2 answers

0 votes
Srecko Anzic May 1, 2021

I also would need this. I just want to turn off the switch "Has access on site" under Users.

I noticed that there is a property Active set to True but I am not sure how to change it to false via API.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2019

Hello,

You can find all available API for users here:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/#api-group-Users

You can create users, but I have not find anything about update, deactivate. 

Karthick Jothimani May 24, 2019

Thanks for the Link. yes like you said there is no APi provided for Update, deactivate ,  disable site access etc..

Karthick Jothimani May 27, 2019

But I'm specifically looking for API for enabling & disabling "Has Site Access" to users! Not sure there's an API provided by Atlassian so fat.

Like Volodymyr Cherniavskyi likes this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2019

Access is given by including a user to a group, which has access to site. You can find all such groups in System -> Global Permissions.

Suggest an answer