Associating issue type with project

Deleted user January 20, 2020

Hi,

I'm running into an issue with migrating issue types when attempting to associate these to a new project. I haven't come across the issue before and I'm unsure how to solve it.

So I've created an issue type scheme and added the Issue types I want to be associated with the scheme.

2020-01-21 13_08_46-Issue type schemes - VentraIP JIRA.png

When I attempt to associate this with the Project in step 2 of the migration I select the new issue to migrate to.

2020-01-21 13_11_18-Issue Type Migration - VentraIP JIRA.png

But then I run into an issue with the components 

2020-01-21 13_11_31-Issue Type Migration - VentraIP JIRA.png

Any help in how to progress or steps I need to take to rectify this would be great. 

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

It looks to me like components are set as mandatory for the target project and issue type, but optional for the source. 

Check the field configuration for the target.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2020

Hello @[deleted] check that the project has at least one component created. Once it's there instead of complaining it should allow you to select it and move forward.

The other option is to have a field configuration assosiated to the new issue type and mark the component field as optional.

Deleted user January 20, 2020

Hi @Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group thanks for responding.
There were already components in the Project active.

The component field is already currently optional

I've also associated the appropriate screen to the components field config
2020-01-21 14_14_19-View Field Configuration - VentraIP JIRA.png

Though my apologies, the Project isn't new, it is an existing project.
I'm trying to create a new 'create issue screen'. 
I had no issues with a previous Project we changed.

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

As @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- mentions, you should check the target project rather than the active one. If all is happening in the same project, check the field configuration that is assosiated to the target issue type.

0 votes
Deleted user January 21, 2020

Fantastic; thanks. my issue was stemmed by looking at the wrong active Project. *face-palm*

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events