Associate a Project to multiple Field Configuration Schemes

Antonio Smith April 9, 2021

In our instance we have a mandatory requirement on 'Log Work' field to be entered for all issue types. I would like to remove this required field from issue type 'Epic'

I have created new Field Configurations and Field Configuration Schemes and associated issue type 'epic' to it.

How do I associate Project X to FCS while still allowing Project X to be apart of its existing FCS?

Also open to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance/

4 answers

0 votes
Joseph Hani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2021

Sorry to bring up this topic,

I have the same problem, 

Would you have found a solution by any chance?

I have 2 different Kanban in the same project but they are not using the same Issue type. 

For example, Epic and Story have a required field for Description 

But Task doesn't need description and should not be required

Is it possible to have 2 Fields configuration schemes in the same project? 

0 votes
Maria P. November 5, 2021

Any luck with the above?
I managed to reach (Project > Project settings > Issue types) the following page:

General Issue Scheme

where you can see all Issue types 
And for each Issue type, you can see:
1. Workflow  
2. Field Configuration and
3. Screen

that is associated with.

I would expect to be able to update Field configuration for each one of them, as i can do for the screens but unfortunately that's not the case.

Any help ? :) 

Regards

0 votes
stivas April 10, 2021

In our case we have an obligatory prerequisite on 'Log Work' field to be entered for all issue types. I might want to eliminate this necessary field from issue type 'Epic'

I have made new Field Configurations and Field Configuration Schemes and related issue type 'epic' to it. 

Antonio Smith April 10, 2021

@stivas 

But it still needs to be linked to a project in order to work from my understanding which is where I am stuck.

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2021

Hi Antonio,

If I understand your use case correctly, you need two different field configurations that you could assign to different issue types (one for 'Epics' without the 'Log Work' and one for all other issue types with 'Log Work') . Would that work?

Antonio Smith April 10, 2021

Hey @Carlos Garcia Navarro ,

Your understanding is correct.

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2021

In Jira Settigs-> Issues-> Field Configuration Schemes, you can edit your field configuration scheme and assign different field configurations to different issue types. Maybe you can have one for epics and another one for the rest. Would that work?

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 11.32.47 PM.png

Antonio Smith April 11, 2021

Hey @Carlos Garcia Navarro

I already followed those steps in the screenshot but my issue is this new FCS is not associated with a project so nothing has changed for epics.

If I make changes to the project, it will affect the other issue types which I don't want to do, just isolate epics. 

Suggest an answer