Associate Custom Fields to Screens

kc_chewning
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2020

Hey Everyone,

I am working on a Jira Software Cloud Next Gen Project. My objective is to create custom fields on the issue cards. However, after i created the custom field, when i navigate to the associate fields to screens page my project (specifically the "issue" for specific project) it isnt listed on the available screens to check the box. 

So my question is, why cant i add custom fields to my software next gen project? 

NOTE: After creating the custom field, i was able to add to other projects/issue cards without issue. Just not this next gen software project.

Thx

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2020

When you create the field it allows you to select which screens it will appear on. The easiest way now would be to open the screen as an admin and add the fields to it. 

kc_chewning
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2020

Thanks, Joe. My issue is that now that i created the field, my next gen project isnt on the list (like all my other classic projects are) to select the check box for it to appear. Is there another way to add a field to an issue card in the next gen project? 

Suggest an answer