Assigning issue to customer

Dorothy Callahan August 10, 2022

Hi all,

We have customers submitting requests through portal.  The developer wants to assign ticket to customer when they need a response to question.  Is that possible?  And if so, does the customer then take up a license.  Right now I don't have customers set up under "People" for the project.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

Only licensed users of your Jira instance can be used in the Assignee field for Service Management issues.

You can indicate that the issue requires customer feedback by transitioning it to a Waiting for Customer status.

Perfect.  That's what I thought but I wanted confirmation because this will be a discussion for our teams.

Thank you.

Sorry...what if moved from Jira Service management project to Jira software project

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

They would still need a license to be assigned to an issue.

What problem are you trying to solve by assigning the issue to a customer?

It was a practice previously that if a response was needed from the reporter they would assign the issue to the reporter.  The fact that they can't is really ok because not a practice I would recommend they continue.  Adding a comment will automatically send notification to reporter and they can respond there and the assignee should remain the responsible person. Is there a better practice to accomplish this?  I'd love to use the best practice if there is one.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events