Assigning an issue to multiple accounts proportianly

Patrick Joerg October 14, 2019

Hello

I know it sounds terrible from a organisation point o f view,

but is there a way for one issue to be proportianly applied to several accounts?

The use is this:

We have an Issue "Help customers with X" which happens quite regularly and the proportians are quite the same:

50% For people from Account A

30% From Account B

20% From Account C (It quite more in fact, but you get the idea)

So instead of having an issue for each of them, I would like to have a "Proportinal Issue" for this. Maybe the proportian changes after 10 years, but not more.

Is there a way to do it, or is this too weird?

2 answers

1 vote
Kate Bulei _Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 17, 2019

Hi @Patrick Joerg

Take a look at our add-on Activity Timeline, as it has the functionality which you need. You can assign task for 2 or more users, split issue to different days and set up the needed time proportion. 

We even have an article about this feature, you may check it here -  https://reliex.com/blog/assign-an-issue-to-multiple-users-in-jira/

0 votes
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2019

Hey @pa

First of all, welcome to the community!

If I am understanding your requirements correctly, you would like a single issue to be assigned to multiple groups at the same time? If that is correct, that is unfortunately not possible. There are a couple workarounds though.

Sub tasks:

You can create sub tasks under the main issue and assign those to the appropriate teams. This could be automated with ScriptRunner or Automation for Jira

Workflow Post Functions:

You could build this out in the workflow. You can either customize already configured statues to change the assignee or add new ones like "waiting for account b" and use post functions to assign it to them.

Patrick Joerg October 14, 2019

Its not the user-accounts that I am refering to.

Its the tempo-accounts the cost units. So more precise:

50% of the effort has to be payed by account A

30% of the effort has to be payed by account B

But I guess that isn't feasable too.

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2019

Hi @Patrick Joerg

In the Tempo Account custom field, only a single Account can be set on an issue. By default, all worklogs on the Issue are then connected to this Account.

In case you need to log work on the Issue but connect it to a different Account, you can create a work attribute of type Account. This gives users the option to select a different Account than the one set on the issue when logging work.

The work attribute adds an additional field to the Tempo Log Time dialog and all Accounts that are linked with the Project are listed there. Users can then select one of these Accounts when logging work. 

Please take a look at https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/295798109/Configuring+Work+Attributes+-+Tempo+Server for more information.

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Patrick Joerg October 15, 2019

@Susanne Götz _Tempo_ 

Thanks for the idea. Its not solving the problem, but might be a help when there is no other way. Shure we could do a complex script, but its probably not worth it.

Regards

patrick

Suggest an answer