Assigning a Custom Field to Multiple Issue Types

Kyle Krejci October 6, 2017

Hello,

My organization uses JIRA as a NOC ticketing system. I have created several Issue Types, such as Troubleshooting, Inquiry, Deployment, Maintenance, etc.

I have also created several Custom Fields to be used in the ticket creating screen.

I would like to assign certain custom fields to different issue types. I seem to only be able to do 1 of 3 things.

1) Select "Any issue type"

2) Select a single issue type

3) Select several issue types as long as they are in order in the drop-down list. (Similar to holding shift between the first selection and second).

I would like to be able to select specific issue types that are not necessarily in order within the "Choose applicable issue types" drop-down box. Like list items 1, 3, 5, and 6. (Similar to holding Ctrl and selecting different items).

Is there any way that this can be done?

2 answers

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2017

Hi Kyle,

exactly as you described: hold ctrl and select different items. Works for me.

Thomas

Thank you. User error. I had to hold control+option withing my Windows VM running on MacBook Pro.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2017

You're welcome :-)

0 votes

I believe that I may have figuired out how to do this using "Contexts"

Suggest an answer