Assigning a Custom Field to Multiple Issue Types

Hello,

My organization uses JIRA as a NOC ticketing system. I have created several Issue Types, such as Troubleshooting, Inquiry, Deployment, Maintenance, etc.

I have also created several Custom Fields to be used in the ticket creating screen.

I would like to assign certain custom fields to different issue types. I seem to only be able to do 1 of 3 things.

1) Select "Any issue type"

2) Select a single issue type

3) Select several issue types as long as they are in order in the drop-down list. (Similar to holding shift between the first selection and second).

I would like to be able to select specific issue types that are not necessarily in order within the "Choose applicable issue types" drop-down box. Like list items 1, 3, 5, and 6. (Similar to holding Ctrl and selecting different items).

Is there any way that this can be done?

2 answers

I believe that I may have figuired out how to do this using "Contexts"

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Oct 06, 2017

Hi Kyle,

exactly as you described: hold ctrl and select different items. Works for me.

Thomas

Thank you. User error. I had to hold control+option withing my Windows VM running on MacBook Pro.

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Oct 06, 2017

You're welcome :-)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Jira

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,081 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you