Assignee is also the Project Lead for a new issue even if I select another user

Andrei Dumitru November 22, 2018

Hello I got an issue pretty annoying. When I create a new issue in JIRa (bug) it is assigned by default to the Project lead even when I select another developer from the Assignee drop down. So in order to assign the issue to the right developer I have to edit the issue. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I have tried a couple of thing but none worked.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2018

Hi @Andrei Dumitru,

you can set this behaviour in your project settings under "Details":

image.png

Change this setting to "Unassigned"

If this is not working, then there might be an assignment to the project lead in your workflow. Check the Create-Transition and their postfunctions.

Andrei Dumitru November 22, 2018

Hi Thomas, thanks for your help. I already tried the thing with unassigned but it doesn’t work. Can you explain in detail how i should do the thong with workflow? Regards!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2018

You have to be Jira Administrator to change the workflow postfunction. 

Find the workflow here: https://<your-jira-cloud-url>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/workflows/ListWorkflows.jspa

Click on Edit, then on the first step in your workflow.

Then click on Create:

image.png

and check the Post Functions of the Create transition.

Andrei Dumitru November 23, 2018

Thanks Thomas, your solution worked and I managed to solve this issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events