Assignee does NOT have assignable permission or they are turned off (when they aren't)

David Thomas March 24, 2013

I keep getting the following error when I try and create a ticket:-

Assignee: The default assignee does NOT have ASSIGNABLE permission OR Unassigned issues are turned off.

We've just got the trial for the Jira and I have turned on 'allow unassigned issues' from the General Configurations settings, but still get this error.

Please advise,

Stuart

2 answers

2 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

Obviously, if you turned on the 'allow unassigned issues', the default asignee (configured per project or per component) should be allowed to be assigned to issues.

Check this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/User+does+not+have+assign+permission

David Thomas March 25, 2013

Thank you very much! I didn't realise it was project specific. :)

0 votes
Brian Joyce March 25, 2013

Looks like today's update caused an issue with the default assignee accounts. You need to reassign the default assignee manually....

QA Team April 5, 2020

Need to go the permission scheme and update the assignable users & assign issues permission then it will work

Suggest an answer