Assignee becomes watcher

PJ February 26, 2013

I'd like to know if there's a way to make an assignee a watcher when they are unassigned. The idea is that every assignee (past and present) for an issue continues to receive notifications until the issue is closed.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PJ March 6, 2013

I am told by Atlassian this is not possible.

1 vote
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

You can set this from your profile in JIRA OnDemand by choosing ENABLED for Autowatch option when editing the Preferences section of user profile. This was introducted since JIRA 5.0.3 actually, and it should work for your OnDemand.

PJ March 5, 2013

Does this mean i have to tell all my users to also update their autowatch preferences to "enabled"? Why doesn't the global option work?

0 votes
Miguel Angel Hernández October 6, 2014

You can use a Scripted Listener, provided by Script Runner add-on.

0 votes
PJ February 27, 2013

It's OnDemand so 6.0. I think Autowatch is what i'm looking for but it doesn't work. I assigned myself and then assigned another user but was not added as a watcher. The local user Autowatch preference is set to inherit from the global which is "enabled". Am i missing something?

0 votes
Chung Park Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2013

Which version of JIRA are you currently running? For your information, JIRA Autowatch is introduced in verison 5.0.3. And in version 5.2.2, Admin are allowed to disable autowatch.

Suggest an answer