Assigned to Me gadget not showing issues

I created two new statuses (Retest and To QA).

Several issues with that Status are assigned to me, but they do not show in the Assigned to Me gadget.

Did I miss something when I created the new statuses?

7 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

I don't think you've missed anything on the status side, but I suspect you'll find that they are "resolved" (i.e. they have a resolution of some sort) and the gadget won't show those.

Yes, they are resolved.

The workflow is that the developer resolves the issue and then send it to Reporter for retesting, then on to QA for review and then close of issue.

That is most unfortunate that this gadget does not show resolved issues that are not Closed.

It's never intended to - resolved issues are "done" as far as Jira is concerned.

If that's not how you're using resolution, then forget the "assigned to me" gadget, define a filter that returns what you need and then use the "filter results" gadget instead.

I disagree that this is obvious or logical functionality.

Resolved means the developer has handed it off to test. Closed means it is "done".

Its too bad the widget is not configurable because when a testlogs in and sees "no issues assigned to me" they are getting incorrect information.

It's not that obvious, I'd agree, as a lot of people here run into it when they're new to Jira.

It IS logical, for two reasons. First, in most cases, "resolved" DOES mean "resolved". Secondly, if that's not working for you, it's not that hard to change it - remove the "resolve issue" screen from transitions into "resolved" and it won't get resolved any more. Obviously, it'll look odd - an issue in "resolved" status showing as "unresolved" in the rest of the system, but the answer to that is "ditch resolved" and have "needs testing" instead.

Personally, I'd actually ditch this approach if I were Atlassian. I'd have a short list of "meta status", which group up individual status within a workflow. (I'd keep the resolution field, just ditch the "if it's set then it's resolved" approach)

The 'Resolution' field must be shown in the Field Configuration.

0 vote

Are you able to find them by searching in the issue navigator? If not, indexing must be broken.

I still think it's the resolution.

Yes, they appear in the Issue Navigator.

I had to change my workflow - ugh.

Created a new field - now I want that field to appear below Status when you open an existing issue. Where do I make that change?

0 vote

Do you mean add it to a screen with all the other custom fields, or you mean you want to include it in the system field panels?

Actually, I'm pretty sure you mean the second, which means hacking some code I'm afraid.

Nic, you are right, what you are calling the "system field panels".

They want to easily see what the fix "category" is (like the resolution options) - close to the Resolution field.

0 vote

Bother, I had a bookmark pointing to a doc on this for v3, but it's gone. I don't know if there's an equivalent page for v5.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,203 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot