Assign users to issues

Deleted user September 13, 2019

Hi, 

when users press the button "assign" in an issue, not all users are displayed. 

The projects has "any logged in user" permission for "assignable user" as well as "assign issues".

None of the previous answers has achieved anything.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Stefan

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

if all users have access to JIRA you need to check that these users have "Browse Users" in the global permissions https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-global-permissions-861253290.html

This should fix your issue.

Ciao,

Fabio

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum] ,

thank you again - but this isn't the problem too.

All Users are allowed in these setting and in the project settings.

Which setting else can cause this problem? A few Users are in the drop-down but not all.

Stefan 

Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

Please could you check on the Global Permission in the administrator page? This permission is not at project level but at JIRA Administrator level.

Ciao,

Fabio

Deleted user September 15, 2019

After a restart of jira on the weekend all works fine again.

Thank you for help!

Stefan

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

please provide an image of the permissions for assignable users. you need to have a group, e.g. jira-software-users, that includes ALL users that you want to be able to assign an issue to, not just logged in users. Check your Jira settings > user management > groups for the proper one.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum]
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

please could you check Application Access? You need to define which users can have access to JIRA so that they can be assignable users.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2019

I make 2 mistakes twice. Didn't read correct. You can verify the application access like @Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum] said.

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum] ,

thanks for your answer, but all Users have access to JIRA.

The only problem is, that I can't see all users in the drop-down menu of the button "assign" in an issue.

Stefan

elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2019

But they can see the project / board? 

@elenushhh 

Thanks for your answer - yes they can see the project and the issue.

Stefan

elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2019

@[deleted] 

Check the permissions for "work on issue" ... maybe that's the problem? 

@elenushhh 

Where can I find this option?

elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2019

In the permissions scheme, but it's for time tracking permissions, but still, might work I guess. 

@elenushhh 

Do I have to restart Jira when I made changes in permissions?

elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2019

No , it's not necessary.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events