Assign other leads to a project?

Mat Gargano June 26, 2015

I'm using Atlassian Cloud.

When creating a project, I'd like to assign a QA lead in addition to a Project Lead (see screenshot below)

Screenshot 2015-06-26 11.42.18.png

I would like to be able to add a QA lead, that I can use to automatically set as the current assignee when certain transitions occur. Basically set a designee who will be assigned tasks when specific transactions occur.

Relevant notes:

• I do not need to set this user at the project creation level
  • The majority of tasks will not be created by the QA person, so setting the transition to assign to the original reporter will not help me here.

Am I able to do this with Atlassian Cloud?

Thanks,
Mat 

3 answers

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2015

As the guys have pointed out, you'd probably want to create a new Project role for admins and assign them to that role in order to give whoever you want the permissions to your project.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2015

I'm afraid it's a single field with one user, and there are no project fields.  

The closest I can get to your use case is to create a new role, stick your QA lead in it separately for each project and then use that role to control the permissions (and I think you can do some stuff with automatically assigning to the first person named in a role, which works great if there's only one person in it)

Mat Gargano June 26, 2015

Nic, thanks! However, how do I do this? I went into the actual transition's post hooks and I only see the ability to assign the ticket to the current user, the reporter or the lead developer (see screenshot) https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wlld613ot9p5o9/Screenshot%202015-06-26%2012.41.50.png?dl=0

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2015

Yeah, my intimate knowledge of Cloud is a little lacking. I've worked mostly with Server versions of JIRA and when I get my paws on them, I tend to install a batch of free addons that do things everyone needs. On Cloud, the functions I enable with plugins are done with the "JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions" addon (it's not free for server versions, which is why I tend to use others). Go to your addons section, find it and enable it. From memory, you'll then have the option to add a workflow post-function called "assign to role", which will ask you for which role...

0 votes
HarryH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2015

You can't set two project lead, but you can add the post function to set assign when transition runs.

Suggest an answer