Assign Security level Postfunction for Security Levels having same name in 2 different projects

Hi,

I have the following scenario:

Project 1: Has its own Issue Security Scheme with Security Levels: AAA, BBB, CCC

Project 2: Has its own Issue Security Scheme with Security Levels: BBB, DDD, EEE

Now for Project 1, in the create transition I need to set the Security Level based upon value selected in a Custom Select List. This list has options AAA, BBB, CCC, DDD, EEE

If I select BBB in the options, I get an error saying 'Unable to copy value of CustomerField to 'Security Level'

If I select AAA in the option, then the security level is correctly set.

My question - Even if the 2 projects use different Security Schemes, why would the same security level name give problem to the postfunction?

I am using the 'Misc Workflow Extensions' v 3.6.1 plugin's 'Copy Value from Field to Field' postfunction.

Defect with the postfunction?

2 answers

So you are using the "Copy value from field to field" post-function to copy from a Select List custom field to the "Issue Security" field, correct?

In that case, I believe it is indeed a limitation of the post-function, which should look for the security level based not only on the name (a string), but also on the Security scheme applicable to the current issue.

Can you raise a support request on our support system (see https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/HOME/Getting+Support)?

Thanks,

David

This is indeed an issue in JMWE, and it will be fixed in version 3.7.0. See https://innovalog.atlassian.net/browse/JMWE-371

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,767 views 18 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you