Assign Security level Postfunction for Security Levels having same name in 2 different projects

Rahul K August 26, 2015

Hi,

I have the following scenario:

Project 1: Has its own Issue Security Scheme with Security Levels: AAA, BBB, CCC

Project 2: Has its own Issue Security Scheme with Security Levels: BBB, DDD, EEE

Now for Project 1, in the create transition I need to set the Security Level based upon value selected in a Custom Select List. This list has options AAA, BBB, CCC, DDD, EEE

If I select BBB in the options, I get an error saying 'Unable to copy value of CustomerField to 'Security Level'

If I select AAA in the option, then the security level is correctly set.

My question - Even if the 2 projects use different Security Schemes, why would the same security level name give problem to the postfunction?

I am using the 'Misc Workflow Extensions' v 3.6.1 plugin's 'Copy Value from Field to Field' postfunction.

Defect with the postfunction?

2 answers

0 votes
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2015

This is indeed an issue in JMWE, and it will be fixed in version 3.7.0. See https://innovalog.atlassian.net/browse/JMWE-371

0 votes
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2015

So you are using the "Copy value from field to field" post-function to copy from a Select List custom field to the "Issue Security" field, correct?

In that case, I believe it is indeed a limitation of the post-function, which should look for the security level based not only on the name (a string), but also on the Security scheme applicable to the current issue.

Can you raise a support request on our support system (see https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/HOME/Getting+Support)?

Thanks,

David

Suggest an answer