It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Asana to Jira project migration

My goal is to import old projects to Jira from Asana. Currently i have tried importing to Jira 7.13.5 that support Asana Importer plugin natively, but is failing with following error.

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.asana.rest.beans.Project.getExternalId(Project.java:101) [?:?]
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.asana.transformers.ProjectTransformer.apply(ProjectTransformer.java:19) [?:?]
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.asana.transformers.ProjectTransformer.apply(ProjectTransformer.java:8) [?:?]
	at com.google.common.collect.Iterators$8.transform(Iterators.java:799) [guava-18.0.jar:?]
	at com.google.common.collect.TransformedIterator.next(TransformedIterator.java:48) [guava-18.0.jar:?]
	at java.util.AbstractCollection.addAll(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_232]
	at java.util.HashSet.<init>(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_232]

It happens after i select project that i want to import from Asana and start importing proccess.

Tried to import with json also, but that way it also failed with different error

2019-11-15 13:06:06,213 ERROR - Failed to create data bean
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.codehaus.jackson.map.exc.UnrecognizedPropertyException: Unrecognized field "data" (Class com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.sample.SampleData), not marked as ignorable
 at [Source: java.io.StringReader@25ced13; line: 73585, column: 2] (through reference chain: com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.sample.SampleData["data"])

Using latest jira with json also gives that error. I haven't tried importing csv yet because Asana csv exporting is not working correctly.

1 answer

Were you ever able to get this working? I'm having a similar issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you