Asana import fails with 403 from private s3 bucket

Kenneth Dombrowski August 20, 2015

Hi all,

I am trying to import a couple of asana projects into my JIRA project.

The asana importer plugin uses the asana API to download a list of issues, each of which comes with a list of links to a private s3 bucket; each link includes a Signature, AWSAccessKeyId, and an Expires timestamp set to two minutes in the future.

The details of each issue is then downloaded, which easily takes longer than 2 minutes with even just ~200 issues.

All issues downloaded successfully, it moves on to downloading attachments from s3, but as the Expires time has passed, Amazon raises a 403 & rather than logging a warning, the importer considers this a fatal error and dies without creating the is-subtask links between issues.

I have written to both Atlassian & asana for a workaround (I asked asana if it was possible to extend the life of the link, for example), but this plugin is unsupported

I am hoping somebody in the community has an idea for another workaround – I don't even mind just skipping the attachments & making people re-upload any still relevant ones, I do want the links between issues to be preserved

My JIRA instance is a Cloud instance, so I'm not sure recompiling the plugin is possible

Thanks for your consideration!

1 answer

0 votes
pborkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2015

Hey,

thanks very much for getting in touch with us, Atlassian Answers is one of the best way to get in touch with developers. I'm part of the team that have created these importers in JIRA. The bug that you have described over here seems to be pretty critical, so I'll schedule it for our next bugfix release - unfortunately I cannot promise you any dates.

The progress of the issue can be monitored in this issue: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JIM-1634

Suggest an answer