As an admin, how can I create a favorite dashboards for other users?

Amber L Garcia August 8, 2012

I have several created dashboards for various projects and want to be able to force these dashboards to the appropriate teams 'Favorite Dashboards' list without them having to favorite them, themselves - in fact, I was told that the previous admin could and did do this all the time. I can't find anywhere to do this.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2012

Natively, no, you can't do this. There are scripts around that will do it if you have the script runner installed, but that's not in OnDemand.

On a human side, I'd recommend not doing this - it annoys people to have their favourites edited without asking. Defaulting them on new users is great, but not editing things people have already done themselves.

Amber L Garcia August 13, 2012

I'd normally agree with you but in this case, my boss is asking that I modify his dashboard favorites without his password into JIRA...

to conclude, he's learned how to add a favorite himself now.

How can I default the dashboards to new users?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2012

Ah, one of those requests, I see ;-)

For new users, they all get the "Default Dashboard", so you can edit that as much as you like (I'm all for setting up sensible and useful defaults).

That will affect any existing users who are using the default dashboard, but if they don't like your changes, then it's education time again - the whole point of them having their own dashboards is so they can set them up to suit themselves!

Suggest an answer