As JIRA admin, how do I get a list of ALL boards?

Ethan Trewhitt November 5, 2018

JIRA has two pages for viewing all projects.

• /secure/BrowseProjects.jspa?selectedCategory=all&selectedProjectType=all shows the list of projects visible to my account
  • /secure/project/BrowseProjects.jspa?s=view_projects shows a canonical list of ALL projects on the server

This is good. The prior is for normal user activity, while the latter is needed for administration.

As admin, I have discovered that viewing the "Boards" page:

• /secure/ManageRapidViews.jspa

...does not give me a list of ALL boards on the server. Instead, it only shows me some of the boards. I haven't found the equivalent of the second Projects page that lists everything. This is especially needed when I need to fix the permissions of projects whose original owner has left.

Is this available?

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2018

Hi @Ethan Trewhitt - if you are a Jira-Administrator, the view should show you all the boards - how did you find out, that boards are missing? Is there something special with the missing board? 

Ethan Trewhitt November 5, 2018

That's the $10,000 question. I don't know what's special about it, but I know there are at least two boards like this. One of my users sent me the links. What permissions would make it such that a normal user could see a board and the admin can't?

I can dive into the backend database, but I'd like to know what I'm looking for.

Here's my related question

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2018

Maybe there were deleted? Is anyone able to see them?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2018

As far as I know, you can't hide a board from an administrator

Support (greenique)
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 26, 2019

Boards that use a private filter, not including the jira-adminstrator, will not be visible for admins.

If a user has the permissions to create filters and boards, they are able to create a private board and filter, that might not be found by any administrator for a long time.

Suggest an answer