Are there any API Rate limits for Jira Cloud?

Hector Hood March 10, 2021

Are there any API Rate limits for Jira Cloud?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2021

Hi @Hector Hood 

There's no rate limit per say, however it does have a soft way of limiting the API if the request becomes too excessive. So if you want to make calls to it, go with reduced concurrency (2 request per minute) that way you don't end up receiving errors like 429.

Mohan October 29, 2023

@Prince Nyeche 5 tenants installed in my connect app and i'm making rest api calls from server using JWT token. so rate limit will be tenant level or app level?(need to consider rest api calls per tenant or all will be counted to app rate limit?)

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

Hi Hector,

I think that currently there is no API Rate limit. You can look at Rate limiting or https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-41876 for more information about API Rate limit.

Pavel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events