Are service desks associated with particular projects?

I am trying to figure out the best way to make use of service desks.

I see that a service desk is a project but it appears to be linked to projects in some way as well and I am wondering how this occurs. Also I noticed a note somewhere that indicated a particular service desk was shared by 1 project, implying it can be shared by more than 1, how is this done?

Can I get aggregate reporting across all service desks if I have a one to one ratio between service desks and projects?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Dave,

You could ofcourse always just use a dashboard with a bunch of gadgets based on cross project JQL filters to get your reporting. It might not give you all you need, but it can already provide a lot of information.

Best regards,

Peter

So are you saying by using the JQL reporting I could get statistics on all service desks in a report if I have three projects, 1, 2 and 3 as well as 3 service desks, s1, s2 and s3? If I needed to see incidents for all three service desks and sla information?

Yes, the sla information is in custom fields and everything is in basic Jira projects, so it's possible to query it through JQL.

Hi Dave,

This currently is not p ossible, however there is a feature request regarding this here:

Vote for the request, and add it to your watch-list to receive updates on the ticket.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

277 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you