Are column constraints per user or per board?

Michael Arndt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2019

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-columns-764477997.html

Are constraint highlights triggered per user or collectively? If I'm only showing "Only My Issues" will the max then be determined only by my issues or all the issues collectively?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Wade Tracy _Boise_ ID_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2019

Column constraints are for all issues on the board.  If the issues on the board are over the constraint for a column and you filter to just yours, you'll still see an indication that you are over the constraint even if your issues do not exceed the constraint.

Michael Arndt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2019

So if I'm only showing my issues it will still indicate that the column is over a constraint?

Is there a way to see indicators based on only my issues?

Wade Tracy _Boise_ ID_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2019

Yes, it will still indicate over constraint.  The constraints are designed to help a team manage their work, not individuals.  That being said, if it is really an issue, you could always create a private board and adjust the filter to only show your issues.  The constraints would still apply to all issues on the board but since the only issues on the board are yours, then the constraint would only be for you =)

Like Michael Arndt likes this

Suggest an answer