Archiving Issues

Adam Jackman November 29, 2017

How do I archive issues on a Jira Core board like I can on Trello? We have a couple of very simple process management board. I would like to keep that board nice and clean and have the issues be removed from the board about a week after they are resolved. How best can I do that?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2017

If you have a scrum board then after you close the active sprint, all issues will be gone. If you have a kanban board, then you could write the JQL filter for the board like this

..... or (resolution is not empty and resolutiondate < -1w)

In this case all issues that have resolution, which were set more than a week ago, will be off the board automatically.

Adam Jackman November 29, 2017

Thanks for the hints Alexey. Unfortunately, I'd like to do this with a Business board based of Jira Core, not Jira Agile.

It looks like what I'd like to do isn't possible with Jira Core, I'm just hoping for a different answer. It seems like such a simple feature, and kind of sad that Trello has it but that Jira Core doesn't.

Suggest an answer