Approve a Ticket via Email/Link in an Email

IT Red January 17, 2020

Hi All,

i want to create a request-workflow-notification, wich sents an email to a specific person to approve the request .... The special situation:

The approval should be done with only one click on a link inside of the email..

For example:

I want to buy a new monitor for my workingplace and i need the approval of our finance-lead.

I create a ticket an he receives an email with a link to approve or reject this.

He should not has to do more than a click on a link and then the ticket should go to the approved or rejected status..

I think this is possible, but i dont know how. Can you help me?

Thank you for the Help!

2 answers

1 vote
Glenn Wyatt November 18, 2020

This variable is currently not available in the Cloud version. 

Büşra S January 17, 2023

Hi, can I do this in Jira Software? 

0 votes
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2020

We do this in our service desk. Within the service desk project settings there is a section entitled Customer notifications; one of those notifications is Approval required. You can include the variable ${approval.buttons} to add those buttons to the email; it will look something like the image below. One gotcha - if the user doesn't have a current active Jira session (and you don't use a technology such as Kerberos), he will be prompted to sign in.

jira.jpg

IT Red January 20, 2020

Ouh... it seems, i have searched at the wrong position ^^ thank you for the quick reply. I will test it directly

menzelle.jacobs September 22, 2020

Hi, were you able to get this to work? I tried placing the variable in the Approval Required customer notification template and it wasn't allowed.

Suggest an answer