Applying post functions on CSV import

Brian Fending November 12, 2012

I'm trying to apply a post function when importing Jira projects from CSV. The data appear to be well-formed, and everything imports. The post functions are set on the Create transition. I've tried applying both before and after each original issue is created (these are subtasks, btw). What am I missing here?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2012

I think what you're missing is that post-functions don't run during import. The workflow is pretty much bypassed for CSV import.

Whatever you need to run during import, I'm afraid you probably need to run it after import. What you could do is hack the workflow slightly - have a new status of "imported", which has no transitions going into it, and transitions out to where you need. Put your post functions on those transitions from "imported". Do the import and then use bulk-edit to push the new issues through the workflow, and hence post-function.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2012

Oops, I forgot - you'll need an extra column in your CSV with the same value for every line of data - map it to the "status" field when importing, so that you don't get "new" issues, you end up with "imported" for the status of all of them.

Suggest an answer