Applying javascript to quick issue create in jira 6.1.6

Alok Agnihotri April 2, 2014

Hi,

We have defined some custom fields in Jira 6.1.6 based application. The custom fields appear/disappear by javascript written in createissue-details.jsp.

When I create issue from the link "create-issue" on dashboard. A pop-up window opens to create issue. In this popup window, none of the code(javascript) appear to work.

However when i go to issues from settings and try to create task. A full page opens up(instead of a popup window) to create issue. In this page, the js code works fine.

We tried to investigate by looking at the requests made(through firebug) and found that "QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa" is called when a popup window appears to create issue.

But when we tried to create issue from settings. The following pages were found to be requested:

"CreateIssue!default.jspa" and "CreateIssue.jspa".

When I searched for "QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa" ,i could not find any such jsp page, so that i may put js code there.

Please suggest how to reflect js code functionality in those "QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa" pages.

Or Please suggest how to redirect users to "CreateIssue!default.jspa" and "CreateIssue.jspa" pages even when they click on create issue link from the dashboard(though this approach is least preffered).

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
huangbe May 16, 2014

Hard to explain, but the create screen can be different from your view or edit screen.

Go to Project > "Your Project Name" > Screen > expand Screen Scheme. You will see Create Issue, Edit Issue, and view Issue.

If these three things are using different screens, that could explain why in your create screen you are seeing formatting.

To fix this, go to Issues > Screen Schema, and see the Issue Type Screen Schemes.

At next screen, look for default Issue type, look for it's screen, go to its custom fields, and update the javascripts there.

Like I said, hard to explain. Why make it so hard to navigate as a JIRA admin???

Suggest an answer