Anyway to create templates for tasks?

Charlie_Fortuno June 10, 2019

Is there anyway to create a template for tasks? Say I have a large task that I break out into 5 sub tasks and this process can be used for multiple sites. Instead of creating the same 5 tasks is there anyway to just pull from a template. 

2 answers

0 votes
Senthilkumar Ananthakrishnan January 5, 2020

For sub task we have template mechanism.

for task level under epic, import option from spreadsheet may be an option. 

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2019

There are several apps that allow you to do this.  We use JSU on our workflow in the create transition.  For certain types of issue types we auto generate sub-tasks when the issue is created.  Issue template for Jira and scriptrunner are others that you could use as well.

Charlie_Fortuno June 11, 2019

Thanks for the reply Brant. Are those free or add-ons that you have to purchase? I was looking for something like you can do with Wrike, which is just copying and pasting tasks from one section to another.

Juan Castillo January 30, 2020

@Charlie_Fortuno 

Hey Charlie, did you ever get an answer. I too am a previous Wrike user and enjoyed creating templates we could duplicate and not have to recreate the wheel each time. Thanks!

Suggest an answer